Austin Texas Medical Waste Disposal

Austin Texas Medical Waste Disposal - Hill Country Medical Waste

Hill Country Medical Waste offers Austin, Texas medical waste disposal services.  Like any other fast growing metropolitan area in the country, the healthcare system in Austin, Texas tops those of Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio.  Healthcare providers like you have a social responsibility to properly handle and dispose medical waste produce.  Outsourcing medical waste disposal from Hill Country Medical Waste is cost efficient and worry-free solution for busy clinics, dentist or other business that produces medical waste.


Austin Texas Medical Waste


If you haven’t heard, it is defined in 30 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) 326.3(23) that medical waste includes special waste from the health care-related facilities as used by the DSHS and regulated medical waste as also defined in 49 CFR 173.134(a)(5). Note that the term “medical” is equal to “health care-related” as used by the DSHS.

There is this special waste that includes untreated or treated medical waste where treated medical wastes are sent to a landfill to be processed with corresponding documents, then we also have this special waste from health care-related facilities that is well-defined in 25 TAC 1.132 (44). These are the 5 categories that are regulated:

  • animal waste that has been exposed to pathogens
  • bulk blood, bulk human-blood products, or human body fluids
  • microbiological waste
  • pathological waste
  • sharps

You can learn more about the treatment, storage, and transferring of these wastes in Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) website.


Effect of Medical Waste on the Population and Environment


Some of the health care facilities medical wastes are bags of blood, syringes, needles, and the list just goes on.  These health care waste can potentially contain harmful organisms that can infect anyone. Whether we like it or not, hospitals or facilities regardless of the size, produce large number of wastes. Although 85% of wastes generated by these facilities, generally, are non-hazardous waste according to World Health Organization (WHO), the remaining 15% is still a large percentage for those that are toxic, radioactive, or infectious. Not knowing what to do with any type of waste can be harmful to you and to the environment.


Worry-free Austin Texas Medical Waste Disposal Service


Stop wondering on how to dispose these medical wastes. It will be stressful and frustrating to memorize everything about the treatments or disposals that need to be done.

Hill Country Medical Waste is here so that you can stop thinking about your waste disposal plans. This should allow you to focus on more important things for your business and we will take care of the rest. Save money with us and enjoy not having a long-term contract.

Tying up with us is as easy as counting 1, 2, 3! You may start by requesting a free quote. Stop wasting your time and contact us today.